Sat, 28 Oct|
Zoom Online Meeting
Healthcare Safety Practices 6-CME Credit Online Training (1)
Join One-Day 6-CME Credit Online Training on "Healthcare Safety Practices" Learn the patient safety targets, medication safety, safe surgery practices, device-related complications and how to prevent risky events in healthcare. WhatsApp +97336077750 or click https://wa.link/b4v04g for details
Time & Location
28 Oct 2023, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM GMT+3
Zoom Online Meeting
About The Event
Healthcare Safety Practices
Hundreds of thousands of patients are harmed or die each year due to unsafe practices in healthcare organizations. Unexpectedly, such unsafe healthcare practices have shifted medical error to be the third leading cause of death in the USA (251,454 patients die in hospitals each year) as per a published literature review in the BMJ in May 2016. Understanding patient safety principles and implementing healthcare safety priorities is the first step toward improving patient care and saving patient life. This Patient Safety Priorities Workshop is tailored to provide positive insight into Patient safety and the essential practices to cultivate a patient safety culture in the healthcare organization, work toward excellence, and finally identify and minimize potential risks in healthcare practices.
OBJECTIVES AND TOPICS TO BE COVERED:
1. Recognize The Safety Targets of the Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ)
2. Learn how to manage Alert Fatigue
3. Learn how to prevent and manage device-related complications
4. Fill the gap in healthcare communications Handoff and Sign-out.
5. Learn how to improve healthcare verbal and over-the-phone communication using ISBAR and I-PASS models
6. Learn how to prevent and manage interruption and distraction at work
7. Learn how to prevent and manage workplace violence
8. Learn how to prevent and manage patient fall
9. Learn how to prevent restrain-related injuries
10. Learn the principles of Safe Medication Use
By attending this workshop both organization and the participant will gain the following values:
Gaining Value for Organization
§ Positive Reputation
§ client Trust
§ Client satisfaction
§ Improve business safety practices
§ Avoid preventable claim
Gaining Value for Participants
§ Be a safety & quality champion
§ Do no harm
§ Saving business
§ Practice with self-confidence
§ Avoid preventable error
§ All healthcare professionals
Lectures Contents in Details
The Patient Safety Target by Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, USA
· Introducing the audience to the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, USA
· List the Patient Safety Targets
· Identify their classification and prioritization.
· What is Alert Fatigue and what Examples of Alert Fatigue
· Causes and common venue of Alert Fatigue
· How to Manage Alert Fatigue
Restrain Related Injuries
· Identify the different types of restraints in healthcare.
· Learn the indications of using restraints.
· Identify the challenges with the use of restraints in ICU, Pediatrics, Adult, Psychotics and Aggressive patients.
· Learn the different types of restrain-related injuries and how to manage them
Device Related Complications
· Device-Related Complications: Definition, examples and how to manage
· Infusion Pump Safety
· What is an infusion pump
· Uses of Infusion Pump Safety
· Accreditation Standards associated with Infuse Pump Use
· Associated risks of infusion pump use
· Plan to ensure infusion pump safety
· Indwelling Tubes and Catheters: Challenges, drawbacks and management of complications
· Prothesis and Implant Safety
· Bundle Management in Infection Control: CLABSI, VAP, and CAUTI
Information Discontinuities, Gaps and Handoff Problems
· Identify the challenges with information transfer across different departments and healthcare providers
· Identify Handoff and Sign-out in healthcare
· Learn the guidelines for safe Handoff and Sign-out in healthcare
· Lean the I-PASS Framework for handoff and Sign-out Protocol
· Learn the I-SBAR Framework for transfer of information across the service area.
Prevention of Interruption and Distraction at Work
· Definitions of Distraction and Interruption in the healthcare
· Forms, mechanism and common venues of Distraction and Interruption in the healthcare
· Learn the practices implemented by different healthcare services to prevent distraction and interruption
· Learn the Guideline developed by the Institute of Safe Medication Practice, Canada to prevent medication error related to interruption and distraction.
· Lean the updated guidelines for the use of Restrain Use in Healthcare
Identify Patient Correctly
· Learn the standards that talks about identifying patient correctly.
· Method of right patient identification.
· Strategies to implement patient identification.
· Audit tool for patient identification.
Safe Surgery Practices
· Learn the WHO Safe Surgery Practices and steps.
· Identify what to discuss during the briefing phase.
· Identify what to discuss during the sign in phase.
· Identify what to discuss during the Time-Out phase.
· Identify what to discuss during the Sign-Out phase.
· Identify what to discuss during the debriefing phase.
Safe Medication Use
· Learn how to manage High Alert Medication and Concentrated Electrolytes
· Identify the Look-Alike and Sound-Alike Medications and safe management.
· Learn the Medication Reconciliation process and importance.
· Learn the WHO 5 Moments for Medication Safety
Prevention of Fall
· Learn the importance of risk assessment in fall prevention.
· Identify the tool for identifying at risk of fall.
· Learn how to screen at risk of fall patients.
· Learn the strategies to prevent falls in healthcare setting.
Management of Workplace Violence
· Incidence of workplace violence
· Forms of workplace violence
· Identify risk behaviour for workplace violence
How to manage workplace violence