Fri, 19 Nov|
Zoom Cloud Meeting
Medical Error Management 10-CME Credit Online Event
To All Healthcare Professionals: Complete your CME-Credit training with NHRA accredited Online One-Day 10-CME Credit event. Call FaceTime/ BOTIM +973 39042859. WhatsApp +973 36077750. Fees BD 25/person BenifitPay/ bWallet to mobile number 39042859.
Time & Location
19 Nov 2021, 9:00 AM
Zoom Cloud Meeting
About The Event
Hundreds of thousands of patients are harmed or die each year due to unsafe practices in healthcare organizations. Unexpectedly, such unsafe healthcare practices have shifted up medical error to be the third leading cause of death in the USA (251,454 patients die in hospitals each year) as per a published literature review in the BMJ in May 2016. Globally it is believed that medical errors kill more people than HIV, Malaria, and Tuberculosis, combined as stated by the Patient Safety Movement Foundation, USA.
This Medical Error Management Workshop is tailored to build strategies that identify, prevent and mitigate medical errors and working with consequences. Participants will learn how to cultivate patient safety culture in the healthcare organization, works toward excellence and finally know the current legislation in Bahrain on medical error including the NHRA Policy for Reporting Sentinel Event and the Supreme Council of Health Decision Number 95 for the year 2019 regarding investigation and notification of Medical Errors and Sentinel events.
OBJECTIVES AND TOPICS TO BE COVERED:
Attendees of the Medical Errors Management Workshop will learn how to:
1. Know the epidemiology of medical error and the researches behind it
2. Identify definitions, types, causes, and common venues of medical errors
3. Learn the NHRA Incident/Adverse Event Reporting Policy V2, 2nd January 2018
4. Learn the Supreme Council of Health Decision 95 for the year 2019 regarding investigation and notification of Medical Errors and Sentinel events
5. Be familiar with the NHRA Sentinel Event Report Form
6. Use Root Cause Analysis Tools to identify root causes of medical error
7. Learn the strategy to prevent, mitigate and treat medical error by applying the 18 Patient Safety Targets of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
8. Identify the common types of medication error and how to prevent them
9. Identify the different types of surgical error and learn how to prevent them
10. Identify different types of communication error and learn how to prevent them
11. Learn how to manage first victim, patient and family, and principles of disclosure technique
12. Learn principles of second victim management
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This activity is designated for ALL HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS and Medical and Nursing Students.
By attending this workshop both organization and participant will gain the following values:
Gaining Value for Organization
§ Avoid preventable claim
§ Positive Reputation
§ Client Trust
§ Client satisfaction
§ Improve business safety practices
Gaining Value for participants
§ Avoid Preventable Errors
§ Be a Risk Management, Safety, and/or quality champion
§ Do no harm
§ Practice with self-confidence