Fri, 21 Jun|
The Westin Bahrain City Centre
NHRA Standard Based Infection Prevention Control 5-CME Credit
5-CME Credit One-Day Workshop accredited by NHRA. Learn how to comply with Infection Prevention and Control Standards, develop evidences and improve safe medical practices. learn about chain of infection, standard precautions, sterilization and CSSD, waste management, cleaning Vs disinfection.
Time & Location
21 Jun 2019, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
The Westin Bahrain City Centre, Manama, Bahrain
About The Event
Infection prevention and control (IPC) is a scientific approach and practical solution designed to prevent harm caused by infection to patients and health workers. It is grounded in infectious diseases, epidemiology, social science and health system strengthening. IPC occupies a unique position in the field of patient safety and quality universal health coverage since it is relevant to health workers and patients at every single health-care encounter.
1. Understand the NHRA Accreditation standards of Infection Prevention and Control
2. Identify the Chain of infections
3. Identify the components of Standard Precautions
4. Hand Hygiene program and monitoring and auditing tools
5. Identify the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and how & when to use them
6. Learn how to create and implement waste management system
7. Learn how to handle sharps and deal with sharp injuries
8. Learn the difference between cleaning, disinfections
9. Learn the sterilization process and the Central Sterilization Service Department CSSD
10. Know how to handle blood and body fluid spills
11. Identify how to create a policy and process to identify and report communicable diseases.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- All Healthcare Profession