Patient Safety in Pediatrics
Time & Location
About The Event
Patient Safety in Pediatrics Lecture Sponsored by Primalac-Bahrain
Hundreds of thousands of pediatrics patients are harmed or die each year due to unsafe practices in healthcare organizations. Unexpectedly, such unsafe healthcare practices have shifted up medical error to be the third leading cause of death in the USA (251,454 patients die in hospitals each year) as per published literature review in the BMJ in May 2016. Understanding the patient safety principles and implementing the healthcare safety priorities is the first step towards improving patient care and saving patient life. This Patient Safety in Pediatrics lecture is tailored to provide positive insight on Patient safety and the essential practices to cultivate patient safety culture in the healthcare organization, works toward excellence and finally identifying and minimizing potential risks in paediatric healthcare practices.
1. Identify medical errors types, causes and common venues
2. Identify strategy to prevent medical errors
3. Know healthcare communication in pediatrics management
4. Learn how to do medication reconciliation
5. Identify Medication Prescription safety areas: Dangerous abbreviations in mediation prescription and know the “DO not Do list”
6. Know the high alert medication management
7. Know look-Alike and Sound-Alike concepts and examples
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• All Doctors
• All Nurses
September 25th, 2018 From 7:30 pm to 11:15 pm
7:30 pm -8:00 pm: Registration and Networking
8:00 pm -9:00 pm: Medical Errors in Pediatrics: Types, Causes and Prevention Strategies.
9:00 pm -10:00 pm: Medication Safety in Pediatrics: Dangerous abbreviations, High risk medications management, and Medication Reconciliation
10:00 pm – 10:30 pm: Open Discussion, Q & A
10:30 pm -11:15 pm: Networking and Dinner
End of Day One of the Workshop